Lucknow Christian Degree College

Buildings of The College

Buildings of the

Lucknow Christian Degree College

The Husainabad School House: The Lucknow Christian College was established in 1862 by Rev. J. H. Messmore with only four students. The College grew and by 1870 there were around 25 students. In 1868 the college was given an annual government aid of Rs. 10/-. The area was densely populated and the flood of 1868 was main cause to shift the school from Husainabad to Victoria Street in Chowk area of the old city. However, this place too did not prove to be sufficient to cater to the needs of a big college so it was decided to purchase some property in Sadar and in Qaiserbagh areas. However, the plan could not materialise. In 1883 the school was shifted to a new building which was known as the old Centennial Building. The first degree classes were started from here. This building was later demolished.  The first purchased property for the College remains the property which was purchased in 1878 in the Qaiser Bagh area opposite the Kothi Roshan-Ud-Daula or the Kothi Qaiser Pasand. But no classes were ever run from this property. This property which was a private bungalow was purchased by Rev. B. H. Badley for the amount of Rs. 4200/-.

C.M. Thacore Block

The Inayat Bagh Campus: In the year 1871 the school was shifted to the Inayat Bagh campus. This campus currently houses the Christian Training College which runs the B.Ed. course under the affiliation of the University of Lucknow and the Lucknow Christian College School.

Residence of the President: This building which is just adjacent to the College Chapel was built in 1885 for the purposes of serving as the personal residence of the College President. It now serves as the residence of the Principal of the Degree College.

Residence of the President
The Husainabad School House

The Reid Hall: It was built between 1891-1893 to accommodate the degree classes which were running from the old Centennial Building. In 1932 Teachers Training College and College of physical Education were introduced in this building but in 1978 the Teachers Training College was shifted to the Warne hall building in Inayat Bagh.

Fairfield Hall: The Fairfiled Hall which is now used as the main auditorium by the Degree College was constructed in 1913.

Fairfield Hall
Clock Tower

Clock Tower: The Clock the Lucknow Christian College is one of the oldest in India which is still working. It was made in US and was imported here in 1884. It was initially put on the School building but in 1921 when the school building was demolished, this clock was shifted to the tower above the Fairfield Hall.

Badley Blocks: These blocks were built in 1921 after the demolition of the school building and are dedicated in the memory of Rev. Badley. These two building are located on the either side of the main gate of the College and house the Botany, Zoology, Mathematics and Chemistry Department of the Degree College along with some section of the Intermediate college.

Badley Blocks
The Husainabad School House

Centennial School: This Higher Secondary School building was constructed in 1921 and the school here was started with 500 students.

Christian Training College: This College was first started at the Reid Hall building along with the College was Physical Education in 1932 but this college was shifted to the Warne Hall building in Inayat Bagh in 1978. It was initially started as an LT College (Licentiate in Teaching). Later it was converted into a B. Ed. College.

Christian Training College
Residence of the President

Bishop Chitamber Chapel: This beautiful Chapel was built in 1952 and dedicated in the memory of Bishop Chitamber, our first Indian Bishop in the Methodist Church in India.

Matthews Hall: The southern part of OC Hostel was demolished in 1862 for the construction of the Matthews Hall. It houses the Central Library of the College on the first floor and the Administrative block on the ground floor.

Clock Tower
Lucknow Christian College School

Lucknow Christian College School: 1865 It was initially started to provide education to Hindi speaking local children in 1965. It is run from the building situated in the Inayat Bagh campus.

C.M. Thacore Block: This block was build in the memory of president and principal Dr. C. M. Thacore. Now it houses the Department of Physics.  

C.M. Thacore Block

The Husainabad School House: The Lucknow Christian College was established in 1862 by Rev. J. H. Messmore with only four students. The College grew and by 1870 there were around 25 students. In 1868 the college was given an annual government aid of Rs. 10/-. The area was densely populated and the flood of 1868 was main cause to shift the school from Husainabad to Victoria Street in Chowk area of the old city. However, this place too did not prove to be sufficient to cater to the needs of a big college so it was decided to purchase some property in Sadar and in Qaiserbagh areas. However, the plan could not materialise. In 1883 the school was shifted to a new building which was known as the old Centennial Building. The first degree classes were started from here. This building was later demolished.  The first purchased property for the College remains the property which was purchased in 1878 in the Qaiser Bagh area opposite the Kothi Roshan-Ud-Daula or the Kothi Qaiser Pasand. But no classes were ever run from this property. This property which was a private bungalow was purchased by Rev. B. H. Badley for the amount of Rs. 4200/-.

The Inayat Bagh Campus: In the year 1871 the school was shifted to the Inayat Bagh campus. This campus currently houses the Christian Training College which runs the B.Ed. course under the affiliation of the University of Lucknow and the Lucknow Christian College School.

Residence of the President: This building which is just adjacent to the College Chapel was built in 1885 for the purposes of serving as the personal residence of the College President. It now serves as the residence of the Principal of the Degree College.

The Reid Hall: It was built between 1891-1893 to accommodate the degree classes which were running from the old Centennial Building. In 1932 Teachers Training College and College of physical Education were introduced in this building but in 1978 the Teachers Training College was shifted to the Warne hall building in Inayat Bagh.

Fairfield Hall: The Fairfiled Hall which is now used as the main auditorium by the Degree College was constructed in 1913.

Clock Tower: The Clock the Lucknow Christian College is one of the oldest in India which is still working. It was made in US and was imported here in 1884. It was initially put on the School building but in 1921 when the school building was demolished, this clock was shifted to the tower above the Fairfield Hall.

Badley Blocks: These blocks were built in 1921 after the demolition of the school building and are dedicated in the memory of Rev. Badley. These two building are located on the either side of the main gate of the College and house the Botany, Zoology, Mathematics and Chemistry Department of the Degree College along with some section of the Intermediate college.

Centennial School: This Higher Secondary School building was constructed in 1921 and the school here was started with 500 students.

Christian Training College: This College was first started at the Reid Hall building along with the College was Physical Education in 1932 but this college was shifted to the Warne Hall building in Inayat Bagh in 1978. It was initially started as an LT College (Licentiate in Teaching). Later it was converted into a B. Ed. College.

Bishop Chitamber Chapel: This beautiful Chapel was built in 1952 and dedicated in the memory of Bishop Chitamber, our first Indian Bishop in the Methodist Church in India.  

Matthews Hall: The southern part of OC Hostel was demolished in 1862 for the construction of the Matthews Hall. It houses the Central Library of the College on the first floor and the Administrative block on the ground floor.

Lucknow Christian College School: 1865 It was initially started to provide education to Hindi speaking local children in 1965. It is run from the building situated in the Inayat Bagh campus.

C.M. Thacore Block: This block was build in the memory of president and principal Dr. C. M. Thacore. Now it houses the Department of Physics.   

Meet our
Collage Instructors

Jason Response

Education Assistant

Jason Response

Education Assistant

Jonquil Von

Teaching Assistant

Piff Jenkins

Teacher

Brian Cumin

Team Leader

Hanson Deck

Education Assistant

Alan Fresco

Teacher

Enquiry Form
close slider

    ABOUT US

    FACULTIES

    INFRASTRUCTURE

    EVENTS

    CONTACT DETAILS